Wednesday, 19 February 2014
Thursday, 6 February 2014
So much to do!
- Attend one of the many fishing seminars presented by professional anglers
- Paddle a canoe or kayak
- Attend gun manufacturers demonstrations of latest equipment
- Take advantage of special prices offered by retailers only at the show
- Children can experience catching their own fish or learn the tricks of off-road riding
- Visit the 300+ Exhibitors
- and there's so much more!!
So much to see!
- Watch and learn during the Cook Your Catch stage demonstrations
- View a fly fishing demonstration
- Observe a Turkey Hunting and Calling demonstration
- See a paddling and rappelling demonstration
- Be entertained by the Marvelous Mutts tricks and jumps
- Watch Chainsaw carving
- Observe Rafting demonstrations
- and so much more!
So much to win!
- Free Weekend for 2
- Portable winch
- Outdoor Adventure Package for 4
- Ultimate Sportfishing Getaway for 2
- Fishing Rods
- Tickets to 2015 Toronto Sportsmen's Show
- and more
The Lures and Tours Team wishes the Toronto Sportsmen's Show all the best in 2014!
Friday, 31 January 2014
Did you know?
- As the Houseboat Capital of Ontario, Pigeon Lake is your starting point to some of the best recreational boating in North America and is just over an hour from Toronto
- Happy Days Houseboats have more on board features than any other rental houseboat on the Trent Severn Waterway
Don't miss your chance
to explore via the waterways!
Book now before it's too late!!
Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Welcome to the 20th Annual Canadian Ice Fishing Championship!!!
Registrations for the 2014 tournament are open at :
Jackson's Point , Town of Georgina is buzzing with preparations for the 20th Canadian Ice Fishing Championship preparations!!
Posters prepared by Lures & Tours and printed by Town of Georgina, can be spotted throughout the area, and across the province with people tweeting about the championship.
As the countdown for registration approaches, the excitement is building!
For more information on the 20th Canadian Ice Fishing Championship
Thursday, 7 February 2013
Jackson's Point , Town of Georgina buzzes with 19th Canadian Ice Fishing Championship preparations.
Posters prepared by Lures & Tours and printed by Town of Georgina, can be spotted throughout the area, and across the province with people checking in on foursquare and tweeting about the Championship. As the deadline for the Early Bird Registration Draws February 8th approaches, the excitement is building!
Area Venues have been invited to submit their entertainment, and specials to the CIFC website, and ice hut operators are busy, busy, busy, with anglers age 12 and up practicing their ice fishing skills in preparation for the big event February 22 -24th, 2013.
Tonight, anglers are in for a special treat, when Wil Wegman and Gerry Heels will share Lake Simcoe Ice Fishing Finesse Tips at a FREE Seminar presented at The Briars by The Georgina Advocate and The Town of Georgina. In addition to great fishing tips there will be door prizes awarded from HT Enterprises Inc.
Have you spotted the Canadian Ice Fishing Championship Poster? Be sure to Checkin on Foursquare at any of these places who are displaying the poster . Where did you spot the poster? Let us know in the comments below!
Wednesday, 6 February 2013
Save These dates! Yvonne Brown LetsFish Guiding, will offer 4 FREE workshops with great door prizes for Women and young ladies 12+ and up this spring. This is a great opportunity for all women interested in learning the basics about recreational fishing and how to get children involved in the sport. Lots of door prizes, giveaways and a draw for a guided fishing trip will be offered as well.
"LetsFish Guiding is proud to be a supporter of this event, ‘shared John Sedgewick, aka Sedge founder of LetsFish Guiding, ’It will be a great event for the women and young ladies to get some awesome information from a passionate lady angler. Yvonne has a lot to offer and I am sure they will come away from the seminars with some new knowledge, excitement for fishing. Come out and join Yvonne for a fun event.'
Four free seminars will be offered in different locations in southern Ontario for women and young ladies 12+. This is a great opportunity for all women interested in learning the basics about recreational fishing and how to get children involved in the sport. Giveaways and a draw for a guided fishing trip will be offered as well.
A unique addition to the Fishing 101 for Women line-up...a specialized seminar just for Deaf and hard of hearing women. This seminar will be provided in American Sign Language (ASL) and there will not be an interpreter. Sunday, April 14 at Durham Deaf Services in Oshawa.
- Seminar 1 - Saturday, April 6, 2013 9:30am until 11:30am Radioworld Toronto
- Seminar 2 - Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:00am until 11:00am Sports Garden Cafe 500 Victoria St W, Whitby, Ontario L1N9G4
- Seminar 3 - Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:00am until 11:00am Durham Deaf Services 750 King Street East, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 1G9
- Seminar 4 - Sunday, May 5, 2013 9:00am until 11:00am Elmhirst Resort Keene, Ontario K0L 2G0
Contact Yvonne at email@example.com or at (905) 447-7879 to register. Seating is limited.
You may also be interested in:
Saturday, 2 February 2013
This is going to be a great show with deals on fishing gear, Big Jim in the house, Pro Panel and lots for the kids. Drop by and talk fishing! Peter Seto, event organizer has lined up some very special guests, and sponsors such as Murray Henderson Art offering door prizes for this FREE event which supports the local food bank.
Murray Henderson ArtPeterborough, Ontario artist Murray Henderson, works are featured in private and corporate collections in Canada, the U.S., Scotland, England, Ireland, Sweden, South Africa and Australia. Many prominent NHL personnel also own Murray''s art. Born with natural talent and an instinctive understanding of the creative process, Murray has grown to become a highly celebrated artist. One lucky visitor will win their choice one of three prints from Murray Henderson. Drop by Murray's booth. Here is print number 1.
Admission is free but they ask that you bring a non-perishable or make a $2.00 donation for the Clarington Food Banks. All sales are cash only, and there is an ATM machine in the arena for your convenience.The arena's snack bar will be open for drinks and food.